[pure-silver] Re: Ethyl Mercaptan

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 06:33:10 +1100

Hi Ray,

Sorry, I wasn't intending to correct you.  When I briefly read your reply I
skimmed it too fast and *totally* missed the fact that you indicated T-butyl
mercaptan was just one of many mercaptans used.  I incorrectly interpreted
your reply as wondering what the specific mercaptan was called (despite you
stating one of them !)

I had also naively assumed that ethyl mercaptan was the main one used
everywhere. But it turns out different ones are used in different countries.

rgds
Peter