[pure-silver] Re: Editions

  • From: Afterswift@xxxxxxx
  • To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx, pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:54:57 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/06 11:13:42 AM, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I sign and number the BACK of the print, I donât mount my prints are sale
> because I am selling the print. If I mount a print for a client, I donât
> sign
> the mount. The image is the important thing and my signature or title would
> distract from that.
>
> Anthony Jones
H Anthony,

I reckon there are two streams of clients and income. One is the sale to the
individual collector. The other is the use of your prints in publications.
It's up to the photographer to decide whether he wants to keep both markets
separate. Arnold Newman, who just passed away, kept all his options open.
Almost
all his client portraits were published in his own or the books of others.

Best,
Bob