[pure-silver] Re: Durst Ursix

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:27:23 +0100

Quoting Marc <marc.peeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
The Ursix is the "smaller" version of a whole set of "camera" bits for
Durst enlargers. I have the Urnov which is for 6x9cm film. Notice that
they are called "Camera Enlargers"!
See the ground glass.. You insert the Ur* in place of a negative carrier and
without the sheet film holder. Notice that it can move about and one can
adjust its plane to be parallel. With the enlarger as normally used to
enlarge it will project a image on the baseboard. Now turn the mirror around
and it will reflect the ground glass against the green window at the front
of your enlarger. Hey its a camera but without a shutter (my enlarger was
made with a shutter but only for the light source should one have chosen
to use mercury lamps)...
Now insert a film holder and put the little clip onto the dark slide. Push
the arm and it moves the dark slide out to expose the film to light. Close
it and exposure is done. One typically controlls the exposure via the lights
and given that the enlarger is in the darkroom a good place!
It actually works quite well. Even with an MP-4+ I still will use mine.

> Subject: Durst Ursix
>

> Good evening,
>
> I bought on E-bay a Durst Ursix - reproduction set.  Can anyone help me with
> the manual ore can anyone help me to explain how it works.
>
> thanks
> Marc

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net