[pure-silver] Re: Deardorff 8x10 to 5x7 Reducing Back Fit Kodak 2-D?

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 19:54:08 -0700

Congratulations, I am pretty sure the B&J back will fit the Kodak camera but Ken is the one who could tell you for certain if it will fit the Deardorff. If he does not answer your post here try writing him directly.
FWIW, I think B&J quality was pretty good. Deardorff has the reputation for being the Rolls-Royce but B&J was nothing to sneer at, nor was Kodak although the 2D didn't have full movements. BTW, Kodak made a tilting lens board adapter for the 2D to give it lateral front tilt. They are rare but will fit any camera that takes 6x6 lensboards.
I may as well add that I am looking for a sliding bed block for an AGFA 8x10 Universal View. I bought one several years ago without being careful and the block was missing. I can probably build one but would like the genuine article. I am also looking for a couple of other small parts if anyone has a real junker around.

On 9/3/2016 7:41 PM, Richard Lahrson wrote:

Hi,
I've won a B&J 8x10 to 4x5 reducing back.
I'm sure it will fit my Eastmat 2-D as
I have a spare B&J 8x10 back which fits.
Still like to know if Deardorff fit 2-D.
Rich

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx