[pure-silver] Re: Darkroom Handbook, 1944

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 17:06:20 -0700

   Tim, some of this material is at archive.org. I am sure you know about it but many do not. Also has old radio programs.
   There is another site, <https://www.butkus.org/>
   That has lots of old camera instruction books but also a lot of other stuff.
    I have never had any experience with the K-17 or other aerial cameras. I have rebuilt some shutters, one had the pins that hold the diaphragm blades come off. I think I used super glue on that.
   I will check out hath trust. I think I have explored Tim's site, which is a treasure of stuff.

On 7/1/2020 4:34 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

On 5/23/20 5:11 PM, Laurence Cuffe (Redacted sender cuffe for DMARC) wrote:
I’ve been trolling though the Hath-trust website, trying to find details in the shutter in Metrogon Aerial Camera K17-C lens cone. One blade is either loose, or missing, so I was looking for details or a diagram before I go in to fix it.
 I ran across a little gem of a government publication. It includes instructions, and a list of tools to use, if you need to destroy your darkroom.
Enjoy:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b3245505&view=1up&seq=1
The Hathi trust is where a lot of the copyright free material scanned by the Google Books project ends up.
bet
Laurence Cuffe.

All -

I had been meaning to do this and just found time. I found another source for the document above that permitted me to download and preserve it on my photoarchive site:

    https://photoarchive.tundraware.com/Photo_Education/Army-PH-383.zip

Tim Daneliuktundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PGP Key:http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

--