[pure-silver] Darkroom Bargains at a Camera Store that's Closing

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:13:00 -0800

For list members around NYC; Raleigh Camera, one of Brooklyn's last old
fashioned "mom & pop" camera stores is closing at the end of February.
Irving, the owner, who is about to turn 85 has apparently had
enough--he told me that it's no fun anymore. Anyway, the store is
selling off it's stock at reduced prices. There's a sign outside saying
something like "no reasonable offer refused on darkroom equipment".

They have a number of very nice looking used enlargers, the crown jewel
of which IMO is a Zone VI 4 X5 enlarger with a color head and an
assortment of negative carriers that cost many $1000s new and is
selling for $400. There are also some nice 6 X 7 (cm.) and 4 X 5 (inch)
Omegas, a 6 X 6 Durst and a 35 mm Leitz Valoy. There are also odds and
ends of other darkroom equipment, chemicals and paper ( I bought two 50
sheet boxes of 11 X 14 Agfa Portraga Rapid (outdated, but returnable if
NG) for $10 each.

If I had room, (my darkroom is quite small) I would have bought the
Zone VI enlarger. There are some great bargains there.

Raleigh is on Flatbush Ave. near Ave. P. They're open Mon.--Sat.

Bob Marvin