[pure-silver] Re: Cold Sepia

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:51:28 -0700

   Current refers to "Flemish" tones in the patent. He is referring to AGFA or Ansco Flemish Toner, which was, I believe similar to Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner. I have paper samples processed in this toner and they are a rather reddish sepia.

On 9/21/2021 2:47 PM, `Richard Knoppow wrote:

This is a patent by Ira Currant, of AGFA/Ansco for "cold sepia" tones by either direct or indirect sepia toning. The difference is in the original developer. Current has an interesting discussion of toning in this patent.
   Its been a while since I read it thoroughly but I believe the basic print developers in it are all AGFA and Ansco formulas. The main change is the addition of a great deal of potassium bromide.
   While this has nothing to do with the question of obtaining yellow tones I was reminded of it by someone's comment that they didn't like the usual sepia tone. Perhaps this would be more satisfactory.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx