[pure-silver] Re: Coffee Developer

  • From: "J. Cordaro" <oradrocyaj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:40:21 -0800 (PST)

Nice link.  Coffee has caffeic acid which is probably
the developer.  Most phenols work at some rate as a
developer.  I have tried extra virgin olive oil with
carbonate and water and it works surprisingly well as
a stand developer.  If anyone wants to try it about 50
minutes, about half rated speed (tri-x at EI 200).
Very hard to get the olive oil off of the negative and
your reels/tank!  Not very economical either.

-Jay