[pure-silver] Coating Glass Plates

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:57:32 +0100

I like to experiment with applying cyanotype emulsions to glass plates. I
think to be able to do this by applying a gelatin layer to the glass first.
My problem is:
I know very little about applying emulsions or gelatin to glass plates!

Who can point me to some literature, or who knows what to watch for?
Here is what I like to learn:

1. Does the glass need special cleaning?
2. What type of glass is best?
3. What type of gelatin will do?
4. Do I need a hardener for the gelatin, and if ?yes¹, which hardener?
5. How do I prevent bacteria grows, or is this not to worry about?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht