[pure-silver] Chromagenic Film and Cold light Head???

  • From: Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 00:03:18 +0000

I was swapping emails with a friend about the C41 processed B&W films today.
Aparently Fuji has a Neopan CN film that is not sold in the US but according to
him is really superb.  We got to discussing the other C41 B&W film offerings.

One of the observations that made was that I had absolutely LOVED the old
Ilford XP2 but did not care for the new "improved" version.  The old XP2 had
a clear base where the newer stuff has the color mask.  This orange mask
makes printing on regular black and white paper more difficult than printing
a regular negative.  I have always DESPISED the Kodak C41 film...

As I was typing this a question occurred to me that I am betting that some
of you can shed a little light on.  I have always printed with either a
condenser
with incandescent light source head, or a diffusion/halogen color head...

What would be the effect of using a cold light head on printing these
orange C41 negatives.  Would this be the same as otherwise or would the
orange mask have the exact same effect with this lightsource.

I recently acquired a Zone VI cold light for my enlarger but have yet to
try it out...

Thanks in advance!!!

Speedy