[pure-silver] Re: Chlor-Hydroquinone Developer (Defender 3D)

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:02:52 -0400

While chlorohydroquinone is still available it is rather expensive.  I
found a quote of 157 Euros for 500 grams.   The last commercial
developer that I know of that uses chlorohydroquinone is Edwal FG-7.  In
the MSDS for this product they list hydrochloric acid and
p-benzoquinone.  They must synthesis the chlorohydroquinone from these
two ingredients.