[pure-silver] Re: C41 Bleach Recipe

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:38:16 +0200

Quoting Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>:

> At the moment, I'm using Kodak's Flexicolor Bleach III, and I'm using a
> seperate fix bath.  Kodak recommends that all the chemicals be used
> one-shot in a Jobo. Is this really true for the bleach and fix? (At the
> moment I'm using 500ml of each solution to do 2 -120 rolls of film.).

Developer should be used 1 shot. Fix can be re-used but its inexpensive.
Bleach can and should be re-used. You should test for retained silver. Bleaching
time and fixing time are not too critical so there is room. As bleach is used
the time needed to sufficiently bleach increases. Best solution is to mix
some fresh bleach into the mix (so-called overflow regeneration) and re-use.
This is around 30ml or so per 35mm or 120 film--- check the rate for your
bleach.

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net