[pure-silver] Re: Black an White Market - Maco?

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:23:48 +0100

Quoting "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Maco bought the remaining stock from the Agfa warehouses, but why would they
> buy film coating machines, which where too big for Agfa. Anyway, I don't
> think Maco is liquid enough to do that.
>
> I wish I knew, where this Rollei film comes from. I heard it is traffic
> surveillance film.

Some are traffic films. Some are just wannabe taffic films (like R3)--- and
given its market failure he must be sitting on a butter mountain of the stuff.
Some are Agfa film sliced and diced in Hungary.. Some are repackaged Efke.. etc.
Maco's "big man" has always been a bit of a scavenger (and huckster) and
has tended to be less than forthright about things. Many of his "ideas" also
show more than a dash of market cynicism.

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net