[pure-silver] Re: Below the Lens Filter holder

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:25:50 +0100

Funny you bring up the Durst filter rod on the L1000-series enlargers. I bought a spare filter, attached both to the same rod and replaced the red filters with a green and a blue filter. Now, I can do split- grade printing with ease.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Nov 17, 2009, at 16:39, Georges Giralt wrote:

Hi !
I use below the lens filter on my Rodagon 150 mm lens and on my Nikon EL 135 and
150 lenses. It works well.
I do favor the Kodak version. Why ?
Because it attaches to the red filter rod on my Durst Laborator 1000 and not (as
the Ilford does ) to the front mount of the lens.
If I'm not mistaken, the Kodak is not made anymore and the Ilford is awfully
expensive.
Another solution is to buy a Cokin filter holder with the adapter for the front filter thread of your lenses. Buy a professional size filter holder and a "amateur" or normal holder adapter. This way you'll have the professional filter holder attached to the front of the lens, and the adapter will make some sort of drawer to put the filter in. Of course this means you already have the set of
filters ...

Selon RobC <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Well yes I'd use the filter draws if they are available. But if you really want under the lens and are super quick, then you have 48 minutes from now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ilford-Multigrade-Below-Lens-Filter-Kit-Complete-Box_W0QQitemZ300365611949QQcategoryZ29987QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63

At 16/11/2009 20:10 -0500, you wrote:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.