[pure-silver] Re: Another old book

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:29:07 -0800

I may have this as a PDF. Any of these old books is worth reading if only to give you some idea of how much things changed. Its good if you have a good understanding of the fundamentals. There is a lot that was not understood. In fact, there was a lot not understood at the time of the 1938 book even though the authors were among the foremost researchers.
I have a few books this old, not sure of titles or which are hard copies and which are electronic. I have some very old "American Annual of Photography". They are fascinating. Many of the older books have interesting advertising in them.
   Poke around at your book and tell us what you think.

On 11/18/2019 2:12 PM, janet ness wrote:

Sorry to be late to this thread, but it reminded me of a book that's been on my shelf for years and which I've never read: /Chemistry for Photographers/, by William Ruthven Flint, published by American Photographic Publishing Co.,  1916.  It's part of the "Practical Photography" series.  I wonder if it's worth the read?

Janet Ness

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx