[pure-silver] Re: Agfa Record Rapid Needed - Urgent

  • From: "Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee" <michaelandpaula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 08:57:12 -0400

John,

We are not familiar with Record Rapid, but we have cold-freezer-stored Grade 4 Azo we can spare. It is 20x24. We can cut it down for you or sell you the entire box of 50 sheets. Although all of the "older" Azo yielded exceptional print quality, In my opinion, Grade 4 was the best Azo Kodak made.

Michael A. Smith

On 5/30/12 1:55 AM, John Sexton wrote:
I am in the midst of an important printing project where I am using some "vintage" Agfa Record Rapid 111 (double-weight, glossy) Grade 4 11x14" paper. A negative I am printing is very difficult and there is a lot of waste. This is the last of this paper I have. I just recently found it in my photographic freezers and was pleasantly surprised that it was performing satisfactorily - likely due to cold storage.

I am wondering if anyone on the list has, or knows someone who might have, some of this paper in 11x14" or larger size. If the paper has been stored at room temperature, there is a good likelihood that it will not perform satisfactorily. If however it has been kept in cold storage, I am hopeful it will provide good performance. I understand that people who are storing such paper are likely saving it for a special project - just like the one in which I am involved. It would be a GREAT help to me if I could obtain some of this paper. Thanks to all in advance for contemplating this request. I am most grateful.

The same paper was also sold under the name Agfa Insignia.

You can contact me at info(at)johnsexton.com or 831-659-3130. ============================================================================================================= To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.