[pure-silver] Administrivia

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 10:07:21 -0700

I am a co-administrator of the Pure Silver list: I can no longer subscribe people manually. Freelists, who hosts this list, is following a Canadian anti-spam law that restricts certain functions. I can still unsubscribe people and probably make changes in preferences (such as putting someone on "vacation" but am locked out of subscribing. To subscribe or change subscribed addresses, one must go to the Freelists web site and do it from the addresses involved. Again, if you want to change to a new address subscribe using it first and then unsubscribe the old one. Again, I can still unsubscribe members.
I discovered this just recently when a member asked to have his subscribed address changed and found it was no longer possible.
Please be aware of this. If you want to change addresses and don't know how to reach the Freelists web site write me and I will walk you though it. Its not difficult.

WB6KBL