[puduvailug] Re: Need help on LDAP

  • From: Krishnan Sethuraman <krishnan.ubuntu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:56:33 +0530

Dear Yuvraj

Yes there is a GUI for web administration in LDAP. I use phpldaadmin and I
am very happy with it.

Setting up a LDAP is not like one or two steps. However you can do the
following.
I did the following in Ubuntu.

Installing Apache and PHP and phpmyadmin

# sudo apt-get install slapd ldap-utils

Configuring checkpointing.
Configuring Logging
Installing HDB
Installing the base.
Installing phpldapadmin (for web based admin)
Configuring ACL
Configuring TLS using gnu-tls
Configuring DB_CONFIG
Configuring flushing

And at last

# sudo /etc/init.d/slapd restart.

Thats it you have a basic working LDAP in ubuntu!

Thanks and Regards,

Krishnan.S,
Mobile: +91 9600067104.
Email: krishnan.ubuntu@xxxxxxxxx