RE: interesting question.

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:26:43 +0100

Hi there,

I can't answer your question from a technical perspective but I have noticed
with many other battery powered devices that you sometimes get a small surge
of power when you turn it on.  For example, an electric screw driver might
give the impression that the battery is failing but if you turn it off and
then back on a short time later, it often seems to have more juice than it
had when using it previously.  Admittedly it then drops off quickly.

If the difference is only  a few percent I'd guess that it is something to
do with this kind of phenomenon.

At the end of the day, the power level is only ever a rough indicator so I
wouldn't tend to be overly fixated on exact percentages.  As long as you
know when the power level is getting low, this is the important thing.

Regards,

Jamie

  _____