editing a breath out

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:59:33 -0500

I'm not a techie, so forgive it if this comes off sounding terribly pedantic.
I record much, but usually in the music cd format. I record it to a card first, then edit what I don't want out of it.
Let's say you are saying the alphabet and you say the letter B twice. This gives us an example to edit out, and I hope you can follow me.
I put a heading after our first B (and presumably it will say to me: heading two. Then I put another heading after the second B--the one we want to cut.
So now we've got that second B isolated with a heading on either side of it.
I hit that button at the top right and then go to edit and cut phrase I think it is.
Oh, I forgot something. I get myself right in the middle or at least after the beginning of the phrase to cut.
I then go to edit and cut phrase. it will say: Cut section 2. I guess it's cut section, not cut phrase; I used to use the ptr1, sorry.
anyhow, do this on a test recording first to just teach it to yourself.
it will say: cut section 2. and you have to hit the enter; i believe it asks beginning section 2 and ending section two, to both of which you answer with the press of the enter or the one below the number 9.
and then it will say "are you sure?" well, yes, you are, so you press it again and it will say: "cut section two," or something similar to that.

Hope this helps; and I'll gladly discuss the plex 2 with anyone who wishes to.

Best, Penny