Re: Large card.

  • From: Michael Lang <michael.lang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Phil Parr <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:22:14 +0100

Phil, you wrote:

> I saw a 32 gig c f card and think I want one.

Which company manufactures it? Do you mena the A-Data one, about which
there was some talk on the Victor Reader Stream list?

http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=2650

> I only have a p t r 1 and do you think it would see and allow me to
> use said card.

I use a 16 gb Sandisk card in the PTR1, so I think that you should be
able to use a 32 gb card in this recorder. I'm not sure, how well
A-Data cards work in the Plextalks, I've never tried one.

One should keep in mind, that the 1 stops a recording, when
it has reached a length of 2 gigabyte. Therefore, one cannot record
Wave files much longer than three hours. It's different with the PTR2,
because it starts a new file, when the old is one gigabyte long. So
with the PTR2, one can record until the card is full without having to
ever start a new recording manually.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>