[pskmail] Re: jpskmail manual, unfinished draft available

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:31:25 +1100

Hi Per,

Great work on the manual. Some feedback:

1. I think the configuration of the misc tab in Fldigi is also
important for modes outside the psk family, especially now that we
have asymmetric links ("start modems at frequency xyz").

2. I have in the past received a couple of queries about the "greeting
message" and what it means. So maybe an explanation would be good
without being technical.

3. Minor detail too: in the section below I believe it should read
"from left to right".

Table A:
PSK500 – PSK500R – PSK250R – MFSK32 – THOR22 – MFSK16 – THOR8
Table B (US and Intermar):
PSK250 – PSK250R – PSK125R – MFSK32 – THOR22 – MFSK16 – THOR8
The modes in these tables run from fast to slow, and become more
robust and sensitive from right to
left.

Best regards,

John

P.S: multiple email  addresses will be good to have