[pskmail] Re: Ubuntu Linux PSKMail install - do I have all the dependencies ?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:00:23 +0100 (CET)

the answer to this is simple:

* when you use ./INSTALL.sh to install the server it will first check if all the dependencies
are OK. In principle it just runs the 2 scripts mentioned after this.
* If only want to install the dependencies, go into the scripts directory and do a sudo ./libinstall.sh
* If you are updating a server, goto the scripts directory and run sudo ./install. This
one only copies the exec files, and makes sure your config data is saved beforhand...

As this process uses apt-get it only works on Debian based systems (like BUNTU or MINT).
For other distros you have to do some manual installation (but you chose to run it on another distro,
so you will know what to do...).

73,

Rein, EA/PA0R/M

Hi All,

I have been installing the server 1.5.1 for Ubuntu Linux.

After further reading in the server installation notes on the Wiki, I have to ask this question:
Do I have all the necessary libraries and dependencies to run Gmail as my SMTP server ?

What about TLS ?
What is this (from the FAQ page) -

Gmail does not work....

You probably did not install Net::SSLeay and IO::Socket::SSL on the server.
see Server Installation and follow the instructions. You probably also need to install OpenSSL-0.9.7b.
That can be found at the download page. ???

KC9SGV