[pskmail] Telnet - problem connecting - answer

  • From: Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 13:54:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi everybody,
again I was playing with PSKMail Server, Client. I found explanation for the
problem that I was facing. I was trying to connect from Client via telnet to my
other machine running within my LAN. The reason why I was not able to do that
is the fact that from what I can see connection to telnet is executed not from
my server. I was able finally connect to mu machine after allowing port 23 to
be oper via my router. So connection to telnet must come from WAN not from LAN.
I hope my understanding is correct, anybody can confirm that ??
Now the question, probably to Rein, is main part of the server program for
PSKMail still rflinkserver.pl?? If so where is it hidding??
Is it possible to connect via telnet to machine within LAN?? if so how??Sorry
for all these questions but I try all tricks I know with not much luck, so have
to ask.

Thanks
Robert
KB2PNM