[pskmail] Re: SA6BQZ

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 20:12:46 +0200

mån 2011-05-02 klockan 19:06 +0200 skrev Franco Spinelli:
> Il 02/05/2011 17:19, Gunnar Bulukin ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> > The client on board S/Y Vågspel is now working perfectly with the new
> > Ubuntu 10.10 installation;-)
>
> Another S/Y with PSKMail. Good
>
> > An other bug is that when starting up the client the rig goes into TX.
> > By just clicking on TX and then RX in fldigi everything is back to
> > normal, what ever normal is;-)
>
> Are you using PTT on a USB->COM port? I have also this problem before
> using PTT with CAT. It is a Fldigi problem I suppose.
>
> Regards
>
> Franco Spinelli
> IW2DHW

Hi,

Well, its certainly not a bug.
What is happening is that on startup it sees that gps is enabled and set
to a certain port. It then asks the system if that port exists. If it
does then it goes ahead and tries to open the port. When the OS (through
gnu.io) gets the list of ports (to see if the wanted port is in that
list) it will lift rts on all the ports and that causes your transceiver
to key. The same thing happens if you have your transceiver on and
connected when starting your PC. If you use cat control then this is not
an issue, its only when hardware ptt is in use.
What I can do to improve this is to not check the port before I try to
open it. That way it will not get that list of ports and the tx issue is
avoided. There could be a somewhat uglier error message if the port is
not available (like an unplugged usb gps) but I can try to make that
look and behave like it does today.