[pskmail] Re: Release candidate for jPSKmail-1.0.0-RC2 is available for download.

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:07:16 +0200 (CEST)

Yes,  jPSKmail is controlling the RxID.

At the moment the policy is that pings and beacons are sent in the default mode,
which is PSK500R. All servers listen in PSK500R, so RSID is not necessary.

Also, when a session is in progress and somebody sends a beacon with RSID on,
and the client is in e.g. THOR22, it will switch back to PSK500R, and
a resync is forced. This lengthens the connected session unncessarily.

We will discuss policies during the annual pskmail meeting on September 23...