[pskmail] Re: Putting pskmail-puppy on a USB stick

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:24:07 -0500

Hi Rein,

Thanks for the info on DCD and the client status window. I understand now.

I got puppy put on a usb stick. Then I realized my old laptop would not boot from usb. I booted from the cd and inserted 'puppy pfix=usbcard' at the boot prompt. That got it going on the usb stick. I got an error message when trying to start psk_arq.pl.

The error message was:
Cannot open logfile at arq.pm line 2625
Compilation failed in require at script/psk_arq.pl line 47.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/psk_arq.pl line 47.

I haven't dug into it yet. I did boot from the usb stick with my desktop computer and got the exact same message when starting psk_arq.pl.

Enjoy your sailing vacation!! We had a great sail this past weekend. Winds were 15 knots gusting to 18. We sailed upwind for several hours, tacking back and forth across the lake.Then, anchored out for the night in a cove. No wind the next day and had to motor back.

73,
Fred
wb5con

rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Boot puppy
goto Setup->puppy universal installer ->USB flash drive

73

Rein PA0R/M