[pskmail] Re: Problem with cpan trying to install gmail module in 2.3.0 server

  • From: Juergen <dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 15:15:05 +0200

Gary,
use the cpanp utility to install the Gmail module. It will tell you if modules are missing and ask you if you would like to install them.
Try:
cpanp i Email::Send::SMTP::Gmail

73
Juergen
DL8JF

On 09/26/2014 04:38 PM, Gary Barker wrote:
Juergen: Thanks for the reply. I can confirm that all perl libraries
listed in the libinstall script were installed, however when executing
the perldoc perllocal command, it reported that no documentation was
found. I also noticed that your perl modules were located in
the /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 directory and that directory does not
exist on my machine, although perl -v reports that the version is the
same as yours.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Juergen <dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Gary,
    pls check if you have all necessary perl modules installed.
    I've attached the output of: " perldoc perllocal " executed on a
    Lubuntu-14.04 system.

    73
    Juergen
    DL8JF

    On 09/22/2014 07:50 PM, Gary Barker wrote:

        oops - here's the attachment

        On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Gary Barker
        <barkerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:barkerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:barkerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:barkerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>__>
        wrote:

             I decided to do a fresh install using lubuntu 14.04.1 and
        pskmail
             server 2.3.0 and noticed that the lxterminal screen used to
        launch
             the server script returned to the command prompt after starting
             fldigi rather than monitoring the status of the server. I then
             started fldigi separately and then rflinkserver.pl
        <http://rflinkserver.pl>
             <http://rflinkserver.pl>, which generated the following error:

             Can't locate Email/Send/SMTP/Gmail.pm in @INC (you may need to
             install the Email::Send::SMTP::Gmail module) (@INC contains:
             /usr/local/share/pskmail___server /etc/perl
        /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2
             /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
             /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18
        /usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
             at /usr/local/share/pskmail___server/rflinkserver.pl
        <http://rflinkserver.pl>
             <http://rflinkserver.pl/> line 32.
             BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
             /usr/local/share/pskmail___server/rflinkserver.pl
        <http://rflinkserver.pl>
             <http://rflinkserver.pl/> line 32.

             When attempting to install the gmail module, I got the attached
             output. I didn't have this problem with the 2.1.n server.

             73,
             Gary
             VE6UQ