[pskmail] Re: No rigctl with remote jpskmail to fldigi

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:12:30 +0200 (CEST)

For rigctl to work on a remote machine the following should be configured:
* Preferences->Edit->Modem->IP address = ip address of remote machine
* On the remote machine port 7362 is listening when fldigi runs
* In fldigi->configuration->Rig->XMLRPC is checked on the remote machine...

I have not tested this, but it does not look like a bug...

When i do try to connect to a remote fldigi I can not use the rigctl function.
at the start-up there is an error screen with
problem with xmlrpc get frequency: org.apache.xmlrpc.Xmlrpcexception; Failed to
read server's responce: Connection refused

The normal functions are working ok, but not the rig control.

Setup is:
fldigi 3.21.7 om a XP
jpskmail 0.9.0 on ubuntu machine

Running jpskmail on the same machine as fldigi the rigcontrol is working ok.
 only in the remote setup it is not working.

If this is a bug what can i do to help you fix this ?.

pe1prx
Johan.