[pskmail] New to the group

  • From: jason matonis <kb2sdrjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:08:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

  My name is Jason and the call is KB2SDR. I have been interested in using
pskmail while I am mobile or out  camping. I have just recently dl'd the
Mandriva live cd with the pskmail client and am in the process of downloading
the live cd with the server(using a 26.4k connecton). I also found out about
fldigi when i bumped into a gentleman on 30 meter psk that helped with the
code. I have installed it onto a knoppix/Debian installation and it was a
breeze to install considering I am a newbie to linux. I really like it!! It
says on the website that it can be used with pskmail, but I think it is a
little over my head on getting the two to work. Also, I have an older laptop,
Toshiba Libretto 100ct that is overclocked. I was wondering if there was a way
to get pskmail installed onto an version of Redhat 7.1 - 7.3 or is there a way
to access the server manually to send messages to the server from a remote
station to send email. I have yet to setup a working station and will play
 with it once the server software is finished dl'ing, only 4.5 hrs to go!! hi
hi Thanks again for this nice software.

  73 Jason
  KB2SDR

http://mail.yahoo.com