[pskmail] Message notification/forwarding to portable

  • From: Terry Settergren <terryset2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:49:00 -0700

Hello all; it seems to me that pskmail's aprs message forwarding to HF is terrific. If my mobile station could contact my belt-carried portable radio to notify about messages, that is even better (the cell phone could finally be turned off). Since there are vhf aprs-capable handhelds, ideally one would "digipeat" the pskmail aprs messages to the handheld. How to easily connect the pskmail (java) client messages to the input of something like UIview or AGW, for conventional UI/afsk transmission to the aprs handheld?

I'm trying to test the beta java client on Win2K, as soon as I get a wire up here in southern California.

Regards,
KE5FGX
Terry Settergren