[pskmail] Kind of silly question...

  • From: Tarmo Huttunen <tarmopaha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:28:41 +0300

Some questions are just too stupid to be left unquestioned...

Why have to be pskmail server and client somewhat different software?
If talking about flexible and independent network, why cannot every client
be server if needed?
Actually, what is server doing what is not doable in client station with
internet connection?

Why pskmail-GUI could not have checkbox "allow server functions" :)  Or we
can say, could server be part of client istallation?  (Oh my, think V2 with
integrated server...)( Oh my, Oh my, think about  andPskmail with
integrated server... :D )
These are not demands or proposals, just silly thoughts about pskmail and
its future.

If thinking of emergency communication, any sort of global crisis would
block pskmail because too much load on relatively low amount of servers? Or
is it so?

Tarmo, OH6ECF