[pskmail] Re: Installing PSKmail Server on a non Debian-based distribution

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:47:49 +0200

Hi,

I started writing that I have only ever installed that on debian/ubuntu/mint but then I remembered a time when I used red hat and mandrake/mandriva. But, that was a really long time ago (2002?).

In recent years I don't think I have seen another distro being used. As you said its necessary to change a few things when using another distro. I believe I had an alternative script for Mandriva at one time but have not seen anything like that in a while.

Regarding the client we used Installjammer for creating the installer as that was free and cross platform.  Installjammer was abandoned in 2010 so the installer is  long overdue for a replacement. I actually started to look for an installer yesterday for an ncdxf beacon tool I wrote a while back but never finished. The beacon tool project only lacked a range & direction indicator that I was going to finish later. Later turned out to be 2-3 years at least :). Time really flies.

73, Pär
sm0rwo

Den 2019-09-18 kl. 23:56, skrev LickTheCheese:

I am trying to install PSKmail on Arch linux (not Debian based, uses a
different package manager). Is there a installer for other distros? It installs
mostly fine, but I had to manually install the dependencies and change a few
things to make it work.