[pskmail] Re: Fwd: Server to server forward over hf

  • From: "DAVID GRAY" <kf4wbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:08:46 -0500

PER

I LOOKED AT MY E-MAIL HISTORY     I NEVER RECEIVED THE ORIGINAL  MESSAGE FROM
YOU ON 26 JAN 2013
IT APPEARS TO BE ADDRESSED CORRECTLY ?

ANYWAY WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR OVER THREE YEARS     DO YOU THINK THAT
THIS WILL EVER WORK ?
I LOOKED AND THE CODE AND THERE IS SOMETHING IN THERE ABOUT THE BIG EAR SERVER
/ ALT FORWARDER SERVER
WHICH IF THE INTERNET IS NOT WORKING IS WHY WE WANT TO FORWARD         IT LOOKS
LIKE IT WAS
GOING TO ROUTED TO THE SECOND SERVER VIA THE INTERNET AND SIT IN THE LOCAL MAIL
BOX
THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR

      Datum:  Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:12:43 +0100
      Från:  Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      Till:  DAVID GRAY <kf4wbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      Kopia:  rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I tried to test server to server forward without using internet today.
Test setup is very simple, two laptops connected back to back. One
laptop is the server and the other is the client. I used 2.0.24 at first
but it had difficulties getting a good decode so I switched to
1.5.11/fldigi hat worked better for me.

Test one:
=====

Server callsign = SM0RWO-4
@knownservers = qw (SM0RWO PI4TUE);
mars=0

So, I wrote three test emails, addressed like:
SM0RWO@SM0RWO
KF4WBS@KF4WBS
PA0R@PI4TUE

Connected and sent the emails. It accepted the first, said unknown
server on the second and accepted the third. I then disconnected. After
a short while the server logged a message to PI4TUE and initiated a new
connect (using "hf") to PI4TUE. It has now attempted that a few times.

So. Using mars=0 and sm0rwo-4 it actually seems to work!

Test two:
=====
Server callsign = NNN0RWO-4
@knownservers = qw (NNN1RWO-4 SM0RWO PI4TUE);
mars=1

Wrote three emails:
NNN1RWO@NNN1RWO-4
SM0RWO@SM0RWO
KF4WBS@SM0RWO

Connected to the server and immediately had some trouble. The server
responded but the frame that was received from the client lacked the
first character. So, it arq'd back and forth with mode changes and
errors. I then set PSK250R only and had the same trouble after reconnect
attempt. But, when I forced a TXID from the client it actually worked
and the session was up. I then started to send a message but got lots of
interesting errors on the server and the response "Could not find..."
sent to and displayed on the client.

By looking at the log it is obvious that it does not work.
So, I think its time to get rid of the mars and us callsign check entirely.
As long as the mars mode exists it will not get as well tested and will
have issues like no other.

Really cold in the shack now so spelling mistakes above are due to me
not feeling my fingers so well...
I will now head back in to the fire to defrost, I'll try to spot any
obvious problems around the error locations later.

73, Per