[pskmail] Re: Experimental PSKmail server node

  • From: Goody K3NG <goody.k3ng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:19:50 -0400

Hi Denis,

I saw your connect this morning; I'm glad it worked. If you get a chance, try sending a message through.

Darrel, I heard one of your beacons this morning.

I'll probably have this server up today yet and then will be turning it off for a couple days as I have to go on a business trip. I have to figure out a more permanent setup. I may retire my Kenwood TS-850 to this service after my Elecraft K3 gets here, though it would be nice to have something with less of a footprint on the desk.

73
Goody
K3NG

Denis Barton wrote:
Hi Goody & Darrel,
Thanks Goody for info on transmit trouble. I don't have that problem with the Live CD version, only happens with PSKmail on the Linux box. I may have not installed or set things up right on that system. Today, Sunday, I connected to your server and got my Position and APRS Messages. Worked good even with the weak signals. Your doing good. Darrel, yes I have tryed connecting to your station but signals have been weak here. Saturday I connected to Fred, WB8CON and sent a QTC and received the Email header list, then the band droped out.

Denis  WB8SKP

--
Blog: http://thek3ngreport.blogspot.com/