[pskmail] CW Postamble ID is a bad thing

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:29:29 +0200

Hi all,

For a few days I have had stations connect to my server that have had cw
postamble id enabled. Having a cw id can be a very nice thing but it
will very effectively destroy any chance of a working arq connection.
Timing is important for arq and when the client replaces every other
frame with a cw id it puts the server in a strange land where it queries
the client, gets a good response, then tries to transfer a block and
gets no answer so it requeries. It can go on for hours repeating the
same block over and over (I have killed the server a number of times
actually). So, pse remember. When you want to connect to a server then
CW ID should be OFF (configuration/id in fldigi).