[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: aprs no rx msg

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:52:41 +0200

Hi,

I had a look at this earlier when I created my own IM client for aprs,
anyway I may have an idea.
When the pskmail server connects to the aprs backbone server it issues
the now mandatory (?) filter command (as it should).
That looks like:
user $ServerCall pass $passw vers $Version filter u/PSKAPR t/m\n

For my server that would be something like:
user SM0RWO-1 pass 12345 $Version pskmail filter u/PSKAPR t/m\n

The javaprs server looks at that and notes that this station should
receive only:
- Messages addressed to  it (the server callsign)
- Messages addressed to PSKAPR
- The last t/m means that all packets with traffic type message should
be sent.

Messages addressed to PE5YES should not be sent to either SM0RWO-1 or
OE5RTL.
This depends upon the interpretation of t/m. To verify this I connected
to an aprs server and entered the above filter.
I did not receive much traffic at all so it seems reasonable that the
filters are applied in turn and that would verify the above
(my server will receive message type packets addressed to either
SM0RWO-1 or PSKAPR but nothing else).
But, I could be wrong.

73, Per
sm0rwo