[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: Server update to 2.2.1

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 14:08:28 +0200

Rein,

do you mean "just_count_mail" in rflinkserver.pl? No "get_count" in both modules :-(.

Klaus

Am 18.05.2014 10:32, schrieb Rein Couperus:
Klaus,
regarding the "no mail" error, can you check the number of the POP port?
Many mail providers have stopped using port 110, and I had to change
the port for web.de to 995 using SSL and TLS, as they stopped the normal service.
Maybe we have to change the default POP service to SSL/TLS?
Pse look at the get_count routine on the server (arq.pm)...
*Gesendet:* Samstag, 17. Mai 2014 um 10:49 Uhr
*Von:* "Klaus Lohmann" <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
*An:* pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Betreff:* [pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Server update to 2.2.1
Hello Rein,

change of offsetfrequency from 1000 Hz to 1500 Hz (Icom, Elecraft K3) did not work in 1.5.29. Committed the fix to 1.5.30. SVN should take care of it when you move to 1.6.0. So this info is only given to make shure nothing gets lost.

Semething else:
Server always tells me "... no mail ..."

When I try the perl routine below, always get a count of -1. Thunderbird email client on the same machine and same settings works fine.

Any idea?

Thank you and 73, Klaus DL4OAH

#!/usr/bin/perl

  use Mail::POP3Client;

  $pop = new Mail::POP3Client( USER     => "pop3@xxxxxxxxxx",
                               PASSWORD => "mypassword",
                               HOST     => "pop3.strato.de",
                               USESSL   => true );

  $a = $pop->Count();             # Number of messages
  print "Count:".$a;

Am 17.05.2014 10:23, schrieb Rein Couperus:

    I am still testing the matching client (1.6.0) ...
    TXdelay is one of the items which has been fixed...
    *Gesendet:* Freitag, 16. Mai 2014 um 21:10 Uhr
    *Von:* "Franz Rohrauer" <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
    *An:* pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *Betreff:* [pskmail] Re: Server update to 2.2.1
    Rein,

    thanks, server is updated

    I tested timing using jpskmail 1.5.29 with fldigi 3.21.76. May be,
    that following problem is solved in jpskmail 1.5.30, but I can't
    test it (there is no installer available):

    Parameter "TX delay" does not delay TX really! So client's
    transmitter sends data, before server's RX is ready. Check-sum
    becomes incorrect and a lot of time is spent for handshaking...

    73 de

    Franz, oe5rtl

    Am 2014-05-16 10:22, schrieb Rein Couperus:

        It is now 6 months since the last server maintenance release,
        and time
        to take another look...
        We have seen some problems with timing on the server, and
        there was also a quirk
        in the ~QUIT routine, which made a clean disconnect difficult.
        I have been testing the 2.1.n server extensively from my remote
        winter location which has a very high noise level (mainly free
        running
        switching power supplies, well kown on large camp sites and in
        harbours...).
        My tests show  that the PSK (and PSKxxxR) modes don't work
        well in
        harsh surroundings. MFSK modes, especially MFSK16 and THOR22 did
        a lot better when the going got really rough. The main
        drawbacks for these
        modes are rather long latency and critical tuning.
        This triggered a number of tests with DOMINOEX, which does not
        have these
        problems, and as a bonus it has 2x the speed of the FEC modes.
        Tests show
        it works very well. I plan to include DOMINOEX22 and
        DOMINOEX11 in the next
        client release for the version 1 client (the V2 client has no
        DominoEx mode yet),
        and introduce MEMORY ARQ to copy for the lack of FEC.
        Meanwhile, I would propose to update all servers to version
        2.2.1, which
        already includes mode handling for DominoEx (it generates no
        error messages
        when DomEx modes are used on frequency). It also fixes some
        problems
        regarding protocol timing and ~QUIT sequence.
        The archive is
        http://www.pskmail.org/downloads/pskmail_server_update-150514.tar.gz,
        it contains new versions of arq.pm and rflinkserver.pl. Just
        drop those into
        /usr/local/share/pskmail_server and you are in business....
        A new version 1 client including DomEx modes is being tested
        at the moment.
        A mode table of PSK500,PSK500R, DOMINOEX22,DOMINOX11,MFSK16
        (or THOR22)
        seems to work very well, momentarily I am adding some
        intelligence regarding
        the decoding of status frames....