[pskmail] Re: Another Linux question

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:53:00 +0100

tis 2008-01-01 klockan 23:29 -0500 skrev Bill - N8ET:
> I have installed Mandriva 2008, and managed to get the latest versions of
> PSKmail and fldigi installed, and they seem to run.  However - the sound
> card does not seem to function under Mandriva 2008.  Is there something i
> need to configure to get the system to talk to the sound card??

Hi,

That was quick, I was about to start updating the live cd but guess I
wont have to now. Is there no sound at all in the system? If so then
perhaps you have two soundcards and its using the wrong one (one on the
motherboard and one extra?) ?
Open drakconf (Called "configure your computer") and manage your
hardware on the hardware tab ("Browse and configure hardware").
If there are choices available for your soundcard then you should be
able to see a button called something like "run config tool", Make sure
your card is correctly identified and if the driver is not correct then
select it and click OK. You shouldn't have to reboot after that but do
it anyway (restarts the sound system).