[pskmail] AW: Aw: Time for APRS only fq?

  • From: Sven <sven98de@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:43:08 +0100

Hi,
to get an overview, I made a frequency/bandwith list about proposed digimodes
in IARU region 1 - 3 .
The question is should we choose different PSKmail frequencies for the IAUR
regions or
should we choose PSKmail frequencies, which are valid for all regions ?
I think as well, that it is a good idea to use one frequency for connected mode
and another for APRS beacons.
Who begins and makes the first proposals ?

Sven

 Betreff: [pskmail] Aw: Time for APRS only fq?
 An: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Datum: Dienstag, 9. September, 2014 16:54 Uhr

 I think
 it is a good idea. I propose to listen to connects on
 10147.0

 during minute 0 (for those servers able to qsy), and
 10148.0 for minutes

 1,2,3 and 4 to pick up aprs beacons and messages.

 I also propose to listen in DominoEx22 mode, as it is
 extremely

 insensitive to frequency errors... rsid will take care
 of the rest.

 Actually, summoning is also very easy for clients which
 do not use

 rigcontrol. Put the server frequency in VFO B, and
 search for a

 free frequency on VFO A. Send the connect/summon frame
 using VFO B and

 switch to VFO A to welcome the server... the server
 will poll 5 times.

 Unfortunately this only works if the server uses rig
 control.

 (No Darko, I don't suggest you change 9A1CRA :-)

 Open for suggestions on frequencies for the other
 bands

 (80, 40, 20, 17, 12 ,24). We should put together a list
 of

 preferred freqs for pskmail...

 Hi all,

 This is just an idea I had and it's been discussed
 before. Anyway, while

 listening to the traffic on 30 meters the other day I had a
 user connect

 to the server. Traffic was kind of slow at the start as
 another user

 sent a beacon and all the other servers decided to respond
 in turn.

 After a while all that was over and the traffic resumed but
 then another

 beacon was sent from someone and it started all over.

 In the past we discussed having an APRS only frequency,
 separating

 connected and unconnected traffic seems like a good idea to
 me. We

 continue to jam each other as aprs beacons do not stop when
 someone else

 is connected to a server. We could use summoning to move the
 server to a

 traffic frequency but that also means the client will have
 to move after

 connect. If the servers would listen on two frequencies on
 30 meters and

 only allow connects on one of them then perhaps we could
 make clients

 connect on the correct frequency and stay on aprs on the
 other? Like

 minute 0 for connects and the rest for aprs?

 Am I the only one that thinks connected and unconnected
 traffic on the

 same frequency is a problem?

 Any good ideas regarding what to do about it? If
 anything?

 73, Per

 sm0rwo