[prssr-devel-ml] Request: error resilience

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:41:01 +0200

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with pRSSreader when my SD-Card becomes
unavailable for a short period of time.

Problem:

Sometimes I experience the problem that my SD-Card is ignored by
Windows. Usually this causes either a crash, hanging, or an error
message with pRSSreader (I can't remember right now).
However, upon opening pRSSreader without the card recognized by Windows
(and therefore missing its Cache directory) the program clears *all*
data concerning read items, does not notify of the missing Cache folder
and simply shows "No items to display" (or similar).

Suggestion:

Check for the existence of the Cache folder. If it is not available,
tell the user and give him a chance to abort pRSSreader without loosing
the read-item-data.

Or: Don't delete the read-item-data at startup but only when the
channels are updated (preferably after the update, I've seen a channel
include "old" messages that were removed (and read) before).

Please let me know what you think of it.

Regards,
Jörg