[prssr-devel-ml] Request: error resilience

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:41:01 +0200

I'm having some trouble with pRSSreader when my SD-Card becomes
unavailable for a short period of time.

Sometimes I experience the problem that my SD-Card is ignored by
Windows. Usually this causes either a crash, hanging, or an error
message with pRSSreader (I can't remember right now).
However, upon opening pRSSreader without the card recognized by Windows
(and therefore missing its Cache directory) the program clears *all*
data concerning read items, does not notify of the missing Cache folder
and simply shows "No items to display" (or similar).

Check for the existence of the Cache folder. If it is not available,
tell the user and give him a chance to abort pRSSreader without loosing
the read-item-data.

Or: Don't delete the read-item-data at startup but only when the
channels are updated (preferably after the update, I've seen a channel
include "old" messages that were removed (and read) before).

Please let me know what you think of it.