[projectf] Re: Mailing List

  • From: sean britto <seabrit2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:40:29 +0530

Hi Soumen

This is the abstract of the project which you had given me. Please try and
correct the errors if any and give it on a pen drive to me in class tomorrow
so that i can get it printed at the earliest.

                               *PROJECT: FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION*

*Technical details*

1. Transducer which is a Finger Print sensor. details are as follows
    a) FPC 1011C--SPI fingerprints scanner with a 500 DPI resolution
manufactured by FINGERPRINT CARDS.
    b)ATMEL AT77C104--SPI device
    c)A USB device(for example The HAMSTER)

2. *MICROCONTROLLER*
   a)ATMEGA 16

3.* COMMUNICATION WITH THE PC*
   a)Using RS 232 protocol with DB9 male-female connectors.
   b)Serial to ethernet connector-WIZ 110SR and transfer to PC via ethernet
   c)802.11a/b/g Wireless card- optional extension for wireless
connectivity.
   d)Image processing using INTEL OPEN CV on a C++ MINIGW compiler.

*APPLICATIONS

*1.Entry Control: Allowing and denying access based on a successful finger
print match.

2.Attendance systems: Keeping automatic attendance records using SQL
databases on the PC terminal.

3.Personal Database: For access control to personal data like
attendance,result sheets,official records etc.

4.Possibility of making a wireless module which is installed and does not
require to be maintained.Since the campus is Wi-Fi  enabled  it can even be
implemented here.

*BUDGET
*
1. Finferprint sensor: $24 estimated for one FPC 1011C fingerprint sensor.
Cost for development kit on sale is $250.

2. Serial to Ethernet converter WIZ 110SR: Estimated cost $29