[projectaon] Re: Year Errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 23:41:35 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was also checking around and I agree. 16tlov and 17tdoi do fit in
the same year as 15tdc, and 18dotd is clearly not in the same year as
17tdoi provided that the new year starts in the middle of the winter.
19wb also puts 18dotd in 5077 (three years befOre 5080).

What is our reason to believe that the year begins midwinter? I didn't
quite follow.

The Story So Far, Book 15: "So the year ended and another began, yet even before the snows of winter had begun to thaw..." Books 13 and 14 both take place in MS5075, which ends and MS5076 starts during the winter months.

However, I've spotted another one.

Book 14, tssf: "Only six months ago the evil Cener Druids of Ruel attempted to enact Naar's revenge." Then, later on, "After emerging from Ruel triumphant, your quest fulfilled, you returned home to Sommerlund and the Kai Monastery where you resumed your duties as Grand Master. Three months later, on the day that saw the first fall of winter snow, you were visited by Lord Rimoah. Once again he found himself the reluctant bearer of ill news. Your friend Guildmaster Banedon, whilst helping with the reclamation of wastelands close to the Maakengorge, had been abducted by a war-band of Giaks under the command of Nadziranim sorcerers."

Book 15 tssf: "After emerging from Ruel triumphant, your quest fulfilled, you returned home to Sommerlund and the Kai Monastery where you resumed your duties as Grand Master. Three months later, on the day that saw the first fall of winter snow, you were visited by Lord Rimoah. Once again he found himself the reluctant bearer of ill news. Your friend Guildmaster Banedon, whilst helping with the reclamation of wastelands close to the Maakengorge, had been abducted by a war-band of Giaks under the command of Nadziranim sorcerers."

Suggest: Book 14 tssf: Only six months -> Only three months