[projectaon] Re: Stylesheet suggestion

  • From: Robert Wellock <xhtmlcoder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:09:56 +0000

I think the reason the listed; "Souvenir" font doesn't seem to work is
because it's either a clone or forgery?

The one I downloaded said it was "completely free", etc. Though on
closer inspection the font file actually appeared to be a poor
conversion from another 'Souvenir' family type font.

I did a search today, and did find some other Souvenir type fonts
which were similar and were free but I suspect the former, i.e.
'Souvenir.ttf' was a clone and thus why it performed poorly. It does
however work in M$IE though that browser uses the; 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts'
system font as a substitute anyway... If you use a proper browser like
Firefox it won't work.

The CSS probably would ignore your purchased; "[...]Souvenir Light,
Light Italic, and Demi ... " and choose Georgia next, then Times New
Roman. Going by the following CSS list; Souvenir, Georgia, "Times New
Roman", Times, serif.

The plot thickens are there any free OpenType fonts similar to
Souvenir? Perhaps that would be a good thing to list in the CSS too.