[projectaon] Results of my 20tcon play through

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:47:57 -0700

In the nick of time, I've finished my play through of The Curse of Naar:

title: evil alter-ego—‘Wolf's Bane’—reluctantly you are forced to
return -> evil alter-ego, Wolf's Bane, you are forced to reluctantly
return
tssf: Shianti, whose presence -> Shianti whose presence
equipmnt: the dimensions of the quarterstaff image need to be fixed
equipmnt: We should move the illustrations in the equipment list so
that they don't violate the right margin of the text. This CSS should
fix "ul .illustration { margin-left: -2.5em; }"
equipmnt: meal illustration is showing up instead of potion of laumspur
kaiwisdm: Pick your four Grand Master Disciplines -> Pick your Grand
Master Disciplines
13: titanic subterranean sea creature -> titanic sea creature
23: identical—the victory -> identical: the victory
50: sword—‘Skarn-Ska’—on -> sword, Skarn-Ska, on
77: flames—he -> flames, he
84: black page -> page [The page was described in the following: "Bold
black text stands out from a page that glimmers like mirrored steel."]
84: realm, and the revelation of her secret name—‘Gnekasha’, until ->
realm and the revelation of her secret name ‘Gnekasha’ until
86: Dragonlord, and of -> Dragonlord and of
86: name—‘Zheva’—which -> name ‘Zheva’ which
86: bind him, and tells -> bind him and tells
90: name—‘Khula’—which -> name ‘Khula’ which
90: I think the footnote would be better worded as "If you possess the
Sommerswerd, Section 98 of Dawn of the Dragons suggests that you may
be able to add 4 to your COMBAT SKILL when using it in the Plane of
Darkness (in addition to all other combat bonuses for this Special
Item)."
107: Footnote: It is possible to have visited the Temple of Maaken
without encountering a Daemonak.
121: champion—Kekataag—the -> champion Kekataag the
121: battle-cry ‘For Sommerlund and the Kai!’ and
125: domain, against Vaxagore—the leader -> domain against Vaxagore, the leader
125: place—but fate, it seems, has -> place, but fate—it seems—has
126: titanic subterranean sea creature -> titanic sea creature
127: Amend the footnote to "It is possible for Lone Wolf to have
visited Torgar without having met Sebb Jarel or accompanied Paido in
the Danarg."
150: Dazganon, and -> Dazganon and
211: champion—Kekataag—the -> champion Kekataag the
211: battle-cry ‘For Sommerlund and the Kai!’ and
216: soft sludgy mire -> soft, sludgy mire
249: attack and, moments -> attack, and moments
272: OK this is not errata, just a way to see how immature I guess I
am. :) Is it just me, or are Avarvae's lady-parts depicted in the
illustration. A joke by Brian Williams? Or humorous inadvertent effect
of shading?
319: Darkness—you -> Darkness: you
343: shimmering—it -> shimmering: it

It seems that dashes are used quite often in this book in place of
more appropriate punctuation. The following suggestions are
borderline. I don't think we need to knock ourselves out to fix them
before publication. I'm sure there are more on the pages I didn't
reach.

title: Naar—the King of Ultimate Darkness -> Naar, the King of Ultimate Darkness
tssf: Shadow Gate—an astral corridor -> Shadow Gate—an astral corridor
tssf: Plane of Darkness—the fell domain -> Plane of Darkness, the fell domain
tssf: Moonstone of the Shianti—a wondrous artefact -> Moonstone of the
Shianti, a wondrous artefact
kaiwisdm: Naar—the -> Naar, the
1: throne hall—the innermost -> throne hall, the innermost
1: champion—Kekataag -> champion, Kekataag
18: Cadak—Arch Druid of the Cenerese—sworn -> Cadak, Arch Druid of the
Cenerese, sworn
33: Zantaz—the Lord of the Pit—whose -> Zantaz, the Lord of the Pit, whose
33: tutor—Storm Hawk—was -> tutor, Storm Hawk, was
67: water—it -> water: it
79: Zahda—the evil renegade sorcerer—who -> Zahda, the evil renegade
sorcerer, who
84: Shamath—the Mistress -> Shamath, the Mistress
86: item—the Scarab of the Wingless Dragon—which -> item, the Scarab
of the Wingless Dragon, which
90: destination—the Plane of Darkness -> destination, the Plane of Darkness
90: Nza'pok—Lord of the Mire—and -> Nza'pok, Lord of the Mire, and
90: Nza'pok—the ruler of this domain—and -> Nza'pok, the ruler of this
domain, and
150: Damned—the -> Damned, the
107: Maaken—the -> Maaken, the
107: Vashna—the -> Vashna, the
120: land and you -> land, and you
127: Paido—the -> Paido, the
127: Adamas—the Lord Constable of Garthen—who -> Adamas, the Lord
Constable of Garthen, who
127: Jarel—the -> Jarel, the
146: you—but -> you, but
150: Tzor—The -> Tzor, The
156: all—they -> all: they
160: Tyso—the -> Tyso, the
160: Banedon—the leader -> Banedon, the leader
160: advisors—Lord Rimoah -> advisors, Lord Rimoah
176: Reavers—wholly -> Reavers, wholly
194: Cauldron—a well -> Cauldron, a well
225: Damned—the -> Damned, the
228: Künae—the Lords of Decay -> Künae, the Lords of Decay
232: Künae—the Lords of Decay—and -> Künae, the Lords of Decay, and
232: Ghandezh—the -> Ghandezh, the
237: champion—Kekataag -> champion, Kekataag
250: Dragonlord—the ruler of this realm of fire—and -> Dragonlord, the
ruler of this realm of fire, and
253: Darkness—an exit -> Darkness, an exit
290: himself—the -> himself, the
311: Dregants—a decomposing -> Dregants, a decomposing
313: Damned—the -> Damned—the
337: legion—they -> legion; they