[projectaon] Punctuation error in 15tdc

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:59:40 +0800

Being a spectator on all this discussion about Prarg has lead me to a small
discovery in 15tdc. Section 123 (
http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/15tdc/sect123.htm) has incorrect
punctuation in the last sentence.

It starts with a left single quotation mark and an apostrophe, and ends with
a right single quotation mark and another apostrophe -- it should end with a
full stop and a right single quote.

I would've gone through the Editor's Companion, but I wanted to ask: are we
not using the right single quote character (U+2019) for apostrophes? I know
U+0027 (the straight apostrophe/single quotation mark) is called
"APOSTROPHE" in Unicode, but U+2019 "is the preferred character to use for
apostrophe" (http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf).

--
Tim Pederick