[projectaon] Games Master #4

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:54:15 +0000

Hi

I'm a little leery about mentioning this, what with 17TDoI and 01HH both taking up a lot of contributors' time, but I've been secretly working on another PDF project over the past few weeks and it's almost complete.

The Battle of Cetza mini-adventure appeared in the December 1988 issue of Games Master magazine. It is a specially-edited version of the adventure with all combats and Random Number Picks replaced with ENCOUNTER QUESTIONS that formed part of a competition to go wargaming at Joe Dever's own house. The magazine also contained a two-page interview with Ian Page, which provides a couple of unique insights into how he became involved with Magnamund and some of his other work.

A fellow gamebook fan over on the gamebooks Yahoo mailing list provided scans of the relevant pages. Some of the ENCOUNTER QUESTIONS refer to other articles in the magazine; to preserve copyright one of these has been only partially reproduced, and the others are either directly Dever/Magnamund-related, or pose no great misuse of copyright (IMHO).

The file is here:

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/Temp/GM_4.pdf (6.5Mb)

After an exhaustive (or should that be "exhausting"?) amount of feedback from Laurence O'Toole, I'm hoping the file is now free of issues and typos, but it's always a good idea to get as many second opinions as possible. Comments/suggestions/queries welcome--as long as they don't interfere with Deathlord or Freeway Warrior! ;-)