[projectaon] Fwd: <>--- Interview Questions : Answer No.4 ---<>

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Project Aon List" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:36:47 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <paj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, May 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Subject: <>--- Interview Questions : Answer No.4 ---<>
To: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>

_____________ M I D - W I N T E R-  2 0 0 8
_____________ PETER ANDREW JONES PUBLISHING
---- ORIGINAL PAINTINGS : LIMITED EDITION PRINTS & BOOKS  :  ART GREETINGS CARDS
AFFETTI : CRUX MILLENNIUM : HEROES & VILLAINS : RURAL DREAMS : SOLAR
WIND : URBAN DREAMS : WINGS OF  FIRE
PAINTINGS of CHURCH STRETTON of LUDLOW of SOUTH SHROPSHIRE of
SHREWSBURY & PAINTINGS of LONDON
_______ MEMO

        Hi Jonathan,

        Herewith answer to Q4

4) Are you aware of any inappropriate or bizarre usage of your artwork

without permission?

        "inappropriate?"
        Ah, the Robert Johnson question . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(Huh? What's he mean?)
        Have you got 10 days, a ream of paper, seventeen Biros and a
decent lawyer?!
        Well now, Robert Johnson, so the legend goes, went down to the
crossroad and sold his soul to the Devil in return for fame as a Blues
Guitarist, yes?
        Me, all I did was go to Art School and work very, very hard,
to be a professional artist who always dealt with his legitimate
clients in an honourable way, but as a bi-product I'm "quite well
known in a lot of places I'd not planned on" - put it that way.

        If I've planned it right, any day I hear I'm going to meet my
maker I'll put up the carefully prepared web page that lists where the
bodies are buried and who shot me!

        However, just like another Blues Guitarist of fame, Leadbelly,
anytime anyone came (or comes) within "accessible legal range" they
get a reenactment of the movie's last scene "he stuck me wid his
knife, but I stuck him better".
        Moral for infringers? : "what part of "not yours" is hard to
understand?"
        If you want to avoid having the moral police line my pocket
with your wallet's contents, better be well out of range, baby!
        I was "brought up proper" and where I come from theft is
something you just don't do and in some places I hear they cut your
hands off if caught .  . . . . . . . .
        I also was taught to take responsibility for my mistakes and
errors, so I've never had time for the "I'm sorry, I thought I was
doing you (me) a favour" obfuscatory version, either.
        As to "bizarre uses?"
        No. I think I may have been spared that. I think the closest
but innocuous use is on the petrol tank of a Harley, but that's about
it.