[projectaon] FW: Thank you for coordinating PA software projects

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:05:23 +0000

A brief update on the current software projects:
 At present, as noted in a recent mail thread, we are looking to produce a
standard "rules" file, which would contain all the navigation information for
the books.  Using this as a starting point will greatly speed up the efforts of
anybody producing a LW reader. The works in progress I know of are: David Olsen
- Seventh Sense (3 books complete, strong following - currently working on the
"navigation rules construction kit")Frédéric Calendini - DS (strong following,
one book complete)jens - Hyena Audio Reader - one book completesalimero -
Greystar reader (Mobipocket)Antoine Gagnon - XML readertom - currently on hold
I apologise for any errors in the above - please feel free to post updates!
These are roughly in order of activity - most are using the Aon forums for
communication, and all have AON accounts I believe. I've not listed mine as it
is well and truly on hold at the moment - co-ordinating the others is much more
fun for now :)I've also not included the old favourites (Statskeeper etc) at
present as I have not seen any recent updates to these.