[projectaon] Re: Cross Platform Action Chart

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:58:18 +0100

Hi Eric

A very nice looking utility you've written here--good work. Aside from the ease of use and the functionality, can I just tip my hat to you in the creation of the cookie in the browser. I use a Firefox extension to help categorise cookies and remove unnecessary ones, and the name of your cookie, "saved_actionChart" made it really easy to distinguish and mark as 'protected'. It's only a small detail, but those are the things that make all the difference in developing software. :-)

On 14/04/2010 17:03, James Durrant wrote:
Hi :)

This looks really good - a great addition to the family.

One small issue though - the AON license prohibits any use of AON
material on other websites. We will be extremely happy to set up an
account for you to host this within the AON framework.

JON - could you please create an account for this, and send the details
to Eric?

We would have to ask that at the earliest possible time after you
receive your account details, the content is removed from your site. It
is perfectly acceptable for your site to direct people to your sparkling
new AON page, so long as it was obvious to your readers that this was
happening, and as long as the AON URL appears in the user's browser
(i.e. frames are not used for this - it has to be a full redirect.)

To cover ourselves, I should point out that for as long as the text is
present on your site, you may be open to legal action from Joe (or
possibly other angles.) - On this basis, it may be worth you removing
the content until you receive an AON account.

Within your site, there may also be issues with use of the AON logos &
format - I'll defer to Jon for info on that.

Cheers

James

 > Hello,
 >
 > I have been working on a Cross Platform HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
Action Chart for use with the Lone Wolf books. So far I have a working
chart for the first two series (books 1-5 and books 6-12) and I expect
to have the third chart (for books 13-20) finished VERY soon.

 > The action chart gives you an area to store all of your stats and
items, and saves/loads this data using cookies. It also has a built in
Random Number Generator, and a Combat System.

 > The combat system prompts you to enter your Combat Ratio then picks a
random number for you, and displays the results for that round of combat
based on the Combat Results Table.

http://lonewolf-online.co.cc

 > If you think they would be useful to other players, a link back to my
site would be greatly appreciated...